Choosing to begin psychotherapy can feel overwhelming for many people. With time, dedication, additional tools, and a supportive relationship, new options for feeling better and finding a greater sense of inner freedom emerge.
Areas of specialization include:
- Gender identity/ Gender non-conformity
- Substance use/addiction/dysregulated behaviors
- HIV-related concerns
- Coming out
- Non-traditional relationships
- Dynamics of oppression and privilege
- Assessments and letters in support of gender transition
- Assessments and letters in support of asylum applications
- Transgender and gender non-conforming/ gender expansive/ gender creative children (assessment, play and integrative therapy)
I have been in practice since 2005 and I integrate my experience in psychodynamic psychotherapy, mindfulness, and harm reduction into my work with clients of all genders and sexual orientations.
My priority is to ensure that our relationship feels right for you and to help you identify additional resources whenever necessary. I bring personal experience in mindfulness-based practices to enhance my psychodynamic therapy practice.
Member: Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA), World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), National Association of Social Workers ( NASW), American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), American Psychological Association (APA), Society for Personality Assessment (SPA).